We welcome engineers from all disciplines and are here to support you at every stage of your engineering career. Whether you’re a student, practising engineer or simply someone with an active interest in the engineering profession, we have a Membership type to meet your needs.
As a Member you'll join a community of like-minded professionals. You'll gain access to a wide range of resources and services to help you achieve your professional goals.
Find out more about each Membership type, their benefits and how to apply:
- Student Membership – you're studying towards an accredited engineering course in New Zealand
- Graduate Membership – you have an accredited engineering qualification and fewer than eight years engineering experience
- Affiliate Membership – you don't have any formal engineering qualifications but have an active interest in engineering
- Companion Membership – you've achieved a position of significant responsibility by interacting with the engineering profession but aren't a practising engineer
- Competence-based Membership – you're a professional engineer, engineering technologist or engineering technician with at least four to five years engineering experience. This Membership provides recognition of your competence for independent practice
- Fellowship – recognises outstanding individual achievements or contributions you've made to the engineering profession.
Get in touch
If you’re not sure which Membership type is right for you, email our Membership team