Engenerate – IPENZ Emerging Professionals
Engenerate is a special interest group for graduate engineers. If you're an IPENZ Graduate, Technical, Associate, Professional or Affiliate Member 35 years old or younger, you automatically become a member of Engenerate.
Engenerate is run by IPENZ and the voluntary Emerging Professionals Council (EPC), whose Regional Chairs organise presentations, workshops, site visits and networking events for Engenerate branches. EPC helps Engenerate members take their career to the next level, through IPENZ competency-assessed membership and networking events.
Engenerate has three main objectives:
- Encourage graduates to join IPENZ as a Graduate Member.
- Run events that provide professional development opportunities for graduates, help them work towards IPENZ competence-based membership, and give them the opportunity to network.
- Represent and advocate for graduates.
Volunteering for EPC
Being an EPC volunteer gives you the chance to:
- grow as an individual
- improve your communication and organisational skills
- run events and network
- meet lots of wonderful people and have fun, and
- gain a greater understanding of IPENZ and the engineering profession.
We support our volunteers to do the best job they can. This includes making sure that events and activities are safe, comply with any relevant legislation and are well promoted.
Find out more about volunteering for EPC
Check out our guidelines for running events
If you need help, please contact Annette.