General Manager – Engineering Leadership
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this is a critical role on IPENZ’s senior leadership team and is responsible for providing engineering leadership and creating credibility for IPENZ as the voice of the engineering profession. The GM – Engineering Leadership will:
- Lead the Engineering Leadership function of 10 staff
- Build and develop strong external stakeholder relationships at a senior level, including government and technical groups
- Be responsible for championing policy development that enhances IPENZ’s reputation for specialist expertise and thought leadership.
- Oversee IPENZ’s continuing professional development and partner functions.
- On an interim basis, oversee IPENZ’s Outreach function (10 staff), which is focused on schools and promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths and their subsequent career paths
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualification/s, knowledge and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineer (or equivalent status)
- Demonstrated engineering competence
- Proven experience in analysing complex engineering activities and providing recommendations
- Experience in development of public policy in a governmental or non-profit environment
- Proven ability in developing, leading and motivating a high-performing team
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at a senior level
- Having an established network of contacts across the engineering profession is desirable
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following personal attributes:
- Strong leadership, communication, relationship-building and team-management skills
- Ability to think strategically and seek opportunities
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Shows commercial awareness in decisions, actions and communications
- High level of self-motivation and initiative to set and achieve goals
- Confident verbal and written communicator
- Confident in instructing and co-ordinating the actions of others
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter outlining your motivation in applying for this role and your relevant skills and experience, plus an up-to-date curriculum vitae, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 27 January 2017.
Looking for an engineering job?
Take a look at our engineering job website, www.jobhunt.co.nz