If you have issues with an engineer

We can help if you have concerns about a Chartered Professional Engineer, a member of IPENZ, or an engineer on another register operated by IPENZ.

We can help with concerns about:

  • the quality of an engineer’s work, or
  • an engineer’s conduct and behaviour.

We can’t resolve disputes around:

  • commercial or contractual matters
  • fees and payment, or
  • employment.

We can only deal with concerns about individual engineers, not about firms or organisations.

We also can’t help you achieve compensation or reparation, and we can’t order an engineer to take specific action relating to your project.

Find out more about raising a concern about an engineer